Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Camp

I'm back home now, and my impromptu training camp went off as planned. Saturday's 63 miles thru the mountains was epic. I've never done that much climbing before. While not excessively steep, the climb up Cullowhee Mtn rd was a real kick in the pants, because it came late in the day so I was pretty tired as I hit the base of the climb. I thought the crest would never come...it just kept going and going and going. The high point of the ride is the descent down Walnut Creek Rd...what a ride!!! The best thrill ride in the area.

Crossing the Continental Divide, East Coast style.


Christmas Tree country.


Saturday night the legs were tired and sore, and I wasn't sure if I was gonna be able to effectively do any riding on Sunday. Sunday morning came and I felt pretty good, so I decided to do a shorter route and stop at around the 30 mile mark. Except for getting turned around, the ride went well. I finished the weekend with over 11K of climbing, and my goal was 10K.


A great way to end a day of hard riding.


Now it's time for a light 5hrs as I prep for this weekend's race up in Birmingham.

No comments: