Monday, April 24, 2006

Looking back

I was doing some spring type cleaning...I know, why am I wasting time on something like that when I could be out riding? It's a long story.

Anyway, during my cleaning I came across a journal with some ride entries dating back to 2002. Check out this excerpt:
5/16/02
Group ride today

There was a sponsored racer with us, and she set a blistering pace!
Met a nice couple, who were on the last group ride...David and Regina.
(Note: I now ride with Dave and Regina on a regular basis)
Overall, it was a great ride except for a couple of spills. I maintained a great pace.

Ride stats:
9.04 miles
1hr 2min 32 sec (ride time)
8.6mph (avg speed)


I've come a long way since then. I would've been around 300lbs or so at that time, and I thought that 9mph was an awesome pace. 120lbs later and I feel like I'm dragging an anchor if I go slower than 11mph. It'll be interesting to see where I'm at a year from now.

No comments: