Saturday, July 01, 2006

Doin' the Tour thing

I've been trying to get my longer rides in during the morning hours when it's not so blasted hot out. This morning though, I just didn't have the drive to go out for 2hrs and change this morning...I was kinda tired. Instead, I took the opportunity to Do the Tour. It's a series of audio workouts that in a small way, are meant to emulate some of the TdF stages. Today's stage was a 10 min time trial...a sampling of the Tour prologue. It made for a decent ride. This afternoon I'll probably go out again for about an hour and a half or so.

Speaking of the Tour, the first day is in the books. Thor Hushovd won the opening time trial, but the big surprise is that George Hincapie smoked it and finished 73/100ths behind Hushovd. Way to go George! The other big surprise is that Floyd Landis was late for his start, and it cost him eight valuable seconds.

Come on Floyd, don't do this to me...I'm rootin' for ya.

No comments: