Friday, December 16, 2005

Change of plans

My training time has gotten marginally better, but I'm still not riding as much as I want/should be. I have had a little shake up in my training plan. Previously, I was using a rough draft of Chris Carmichael's plan, but the testing (which didn't seem to work for me, for some reason.), and no real mtn bike workouts left me wanting something better, or at least geared more towards a mtn biker.



Joe Friel's book, "The Mountain Biker's Training Bible", seemed to fit the bill. The interesting thing is, I've had this book for a couple of years. When I got it, I wasn't as commited to the process, and so the training concepts went right over my head. I've since dusted off the book and read it cover to cover and started implementing what I've read.
I've now developed a season long training program, complete with easy weeks and peaks for racing. I am making one change though. I'm using the weight training program developed by Coach David Morris. Ashwinearl was kind enough to send me the specifics of the weight program.
If I can just get in consistent riding, then I'll be VERY happy. More to come.

BTW, over at ashwinearl's blog, he's got some cool interviews with pro mtb racers. Check 'em out!


No comments: