Thursday, December 08, 2005

Word-a-day

I learned a new word today... asstastic. I think that word sums up my recent training to a tee. Asstastic.

Why am I using such a label? I'll tell you why. Lately, no matter how much I wanted to get out and ride, something has gotten in the way of it. Holidays, weather, work commitments... it's damned irritating. I see myself getting stronger and faster already, but I can just imagine how much better I'll be in a few months. That's my big personal goal for '06. I want to be as fit as I possibly can be (within the bounds of living a somewhat normal life). I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to win some races, and move up to sport class... but I can't control that stuff. I can control me. I figure if I'm in really good riding/racing shape, the rest will take care of itself.

Next week I'll get a full week of training/riding in even if it hairlips Lance.


No comments: