Thursday, September 21, 2006

Race day approaches

Only 3 more days till my race. I did some descending intervals (30 sec on, 30 sec off, 5 min,4,3,2) today, as well as some 5x2 min max intervals, and overall they went well. I completed 4 of the 5 2 min intervals, but on the 4th one I felt my power dropping some, so I bagged the last one.
Tomorrow is the monthly club road TT, and I want to do it, but I think that I should make today the last of my intense efforts...give myself plenty of time to recover and be fresh for Sunday's race. I think I'll see how the legs feel in the morning. If they're kinda lifeless then I'll forget doin' the TT this month.

On a completely different note...
I think the 90+ degree temps have said goodbye for the year. Today was an absolutely gorgeous day. Too bad every day can't be like it was today.

No comments: