Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Sin City

Sorry for my absence, but I'm still in Vegas, and at $11 per day for internet access I've been holding off on updates. Vegas is...well, Vegas. I wasn't able to take my bike (which is a whole other story), I found some joints in my room, I've even been propositioned by a hooker right in the lobby of the MGM and I'm not even due to leave for another 24hrs.
Since I didn't have my bike, I was relegated to exercise bike hell.


Not exactly the view I was planning on.


The Reddick race is on Sunday, and I'm pulling the plug on attending it. I think I'm asking for a poor result if I go. I will be flying during the night on Thursday, and won't get home till Friday morning. My body clock will be on Pacific time, and I will have to try and get a good nights sleep Friday and then get up early Saturday to drive the 5+hrs to Reddick, get a couple of good practice laps in, and then try and get some sleep...now dealing with still being on Pacific time and being in the Eastern time zone. If it sounds confusing, that's because it is. The bottom line is, I think I'll get to the race on Sunday morning tired and feeling like crap.
I'm upset at the prospect of not attending this race, as I want to make a run for the series title, and this will certainly make the task that much harder. As upset as I am, I can't help but feel that I won't be able to give the race 100%... and while I can't control things like flat tires, chains breaking, or some sandbagger showing up, I am going to these races to win, not 2nd or 3rd, but 1st. So if I can't go to win...well, you get the picture.

Next weekend is Jacksonville, and I'll be fully rested and ready to kick some butt.

This weekend I'll be back to regular updates.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sean,

You should reconsider and race at Reddick. It will serve you well for the harder races to come. Just treat it as training, there are 2 drop races in the series you know. Now that the Master Beginner class goes from 30-39 I would be racing against you!! Sandbaggers are a given at all races (shouldn't you be racing sport ;) For your info Dave is running 2 laps of a shortened version (6 miles) of the full race loop. Prepare to suffer...

Sean said...

Luis,

I've been going back and forth on whether I should go ahead and race, but upon getting home I think I've made the right choice. Right now I feel like hammered dog ^%$&. If Reddick was closer I'd probably go ahead and race, but that's a lot of time and money for a "training" race.
I'll be at Hanna Park though, ready to give it everything I got.

Good luck at Reddick!