Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Back to business

Today I got back to my routine. It sure was nice to have a simple bowl of cereal for breakfast.

Yesterday Base 2 got kicked off, and despite it being Christmas day I still managed to log 2.5hrs. Combine that with the hour I got in today, and I'm off to a good start. The amount of mileage and distance that I've racked up since getting my road bike has been substantial. I remember when 2.5-3hrs on my old hardtail would totally kick my butt. When I'd step off the bike I felt like I had been run over. Since that time I've gotten a lot stronger, but the more comfortable road bike has no doubt played a big part. If I get my hours in this week then I'll finish with 600+miles for the month of Dec... the training is, so far, a lot more focused and structured than last year at this time.

No comments: