Friday, December 08, 2006

Jack Frost nipping at my nose...

And ears, feet, and any other exposed skin.


It is freakin' cold today! As I type this, it is 35 degrees with a 15mph N wind. Yesterday it was a rather mild 58, but that was the most uncomfortable 58 I've ever experienced. Between the wind and dampness it was miserable. As a result, I bailed on riding yesterday, so now I'm left with having to ride today, tomorrow, and Sunday... regardless of weather. Tomorrow and Sunday won't be bad, but today is gonna suck.
We don't have these kinds of temps very often, but when we do get 'em I wish I had better/more effective cold weather riding gear. I'll be wearing every stick of cold gear I own, and I'm sure I'll still be a little chilled.

It's all about suffering for your sport, right? That's a load of bullsh*t, isn't it?

2 comments:

Dave Shields said...

My Web site is getting hits from yours. Thanks for spreading the word! I hope you find a chance to read my other books and I look forward to hearing what you think of them.
Dave Shields
http://www.DaveShields.com

p.s. We had that cold weather a week ago but it got into the low 50's today. I went for a very nice ride. I don't know where you are, but maybe our weather (Salt Lake City) is headed your way.

Sean said...

Dave,

I am getting ready to read "The Tour". If it's half as good as "The Race" then I'll be in for another marathon reading session.