Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Suffering 101

The motivation for getting out on long rides has really taken a hit with all this hot weather we've been having. I came up short on hours again last week, although I did have some good rides. This week I think I'll fare better as I'm already up over 3hrs for the week and it's just Tuesday.

I've learned of a new interval that I'm really anxious to try. It takes some testing to figure out the exact wattage and interval time though. As I understand it, these intervals will make you fast and send your v02max into the stratosphere...if you survive. They are supposed to be quite painful. From what I've experienced so far, they're right. We'll see though. I'll be trying them for the first time tomorrow or Thursday.

2 comments:

Charles said...

I've been lucky the past few days.. lots of overcast days so slightly cooler outside than normal. Local Century was horrible though.. "Real Feel" temp of like 108 haha. We're almost into fall.. can't wait.

Since you're a local I was gonna ask if you've ever done 12 hours of Pine log or the course it's on? I'm signed up for it this October but have never ridden in FL.

Good luck with the training!

Sean said...

I've done the 12hrs of Pinelog twice. I won't be doing it this year as I'm racing at the Piney Hills Classic in Ruston, La.

The Pinelog course is pretty easy, it's like a total beginner's course. Not technical at all. The only thing you'll want to watch out for is some patches of gravel on one end of the course, it can get kinda squirrely. It's fast though. Unless they change the layout the distance is around 6 miles... I was on a team and we were cranking out sub 30min lap times during the day.