Saturday, September 03, 2005

Road rage

I went slumming yesterday... I logged some miles on the road.
Lovely, if not bland, blacktop.

What possessed me to head out onto the road? I did a HR test, and trying to do it on the trail would've been impossible. Here's the kicker though...6 miles later, and I didn't learn anything that I didn't already know.
I'm sure that riding on the road with a group can be fun, but riding by yourself...how do I put this? Umm, ohh yeah, it's...boring! That was the longest 6 miles I've ever ridden.

It's kinda tough trying to ride at speed and snap a picture.

On a side note, I have one more week of intensive training for my race, then it'll be time to taper and take it easy that last week. Ohh, I'm also signed up to compete as part of a team, in a local endurance race...the "12 Hours of Pinelog". It will be on 10/29. Should be fun.


No comments: