Thursday, October 27, 2005

Just under 48hrs to go

I'm psyched for the 12Hrs of Pine Log, it should be a blast! If I enjoy this race like I think I will, my next endurance race will be done solo.

I did my second night ride with my new light, and it is working perfectly. I'm in the midst of discharging the battery right now so I can have a full charge for the race.
While riding tonight, I almost had a disaster. A stick got thrown up into my rear derailleur. When I stopped and looked at my derailleur, it was bent all the way back, pointing towards the back of the tire. My initial emotion was anger, as this would've most likely killed my race. Upon closer inspection, the derailleur had just pivoted back on its attachment point. I pulled out my trusty multi tool, loosened the bolt and the derailleur went right back into place. I tightened the bolt back down, and tried shifting...everything appeared OK. The real test was to start riding. To make a long story short, the bike shifted just fine, and seemed no worse for the wear.

Talk about dodging a bullet! God must've been looking out for me.

My next update will be after the race.

No comments: