Thursday, October 06, 2005

Busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest

Had a blast in NC. We rode all the trails in Tsali in 2 days... covered like 40 miles and did 3,000ft+ of climbing. Chuck was in the hurt locker on the climbs. I did really well, especially on Saturday. I had one of those awesome days where the legs and lungs stayed strong. It was like I could do no wrong that day. I wish everyday could be like that!

It was a fun time. Going on biking trips with competent mtn bikers is lots of fun, more fun than going by yourself.
Chuck, motoring up one of the many climbs.


I came back from NC, and have had quite a busy week. In addition to doing the work thing, I've been trying to log some endurance miles (finally got some slicks for the mtn bike), and I've also got a race on Saturday...and to top it off, I just ordered my case for my bike, in anticipation of my trip to Las Vegas(and Bootleg Canyon riding....W00t!). Next week will be uber-busy.

Had a real good ride today. All this riding/training is starting to pay off. I'm noticing that I am getting considerably faster than any of the other people I ride with (with the exception of Pat). I threw down, and Dave could only keep up, he didn't have the juice to get past me. Give me till February, and I'll have the engine to go with the legs.


No comments: