Monday, July 04, 2005

Happy 4th of July!

I hope everyone had a great 4th of July...

Had a big shindig here; food, fireworks, more food. Had a friend/business associate come over a bit early so we could ride. This fella is a total noob, and so I went out with the intention of keeping it easy, and not going too fast as to leave him in unfamiliar territory. Still, I ended up burying him. I thought I was going really slow, but not slow enough. I normally average in the 11mph range, but today I was around the 8 mph mark...and still he couldn't handle it. Not 10 minutes into the ride, he totally blew up. I've been there, so I wanted to do my best not to punish him...so, causing him to implode like that was unintentional. After about 10-12 minutes of rest, and one of my energy gels, we got going again. It ended up being a VERY casual ride for me today. Oh well, I guess I'll have to go for an extra ride this week to make up for it.

At least he didn't walk away from the ride hating mtbing.

No comments: