Thursday, August 04, 2005

Lead, follow, or get out of the way

Today was group ride day. I thought I was gonna get rained out. 10 min before I was due to head out for the ride, it started raining...no, make that pouring. Fortunately, it wasn't raining at the trailhead, so I caught a break. For once.

The Thursday group ride is not for training, it's just for enjoying the company of some fellow mtn bikers. That said, there were 4 of us who kept a pretty fast pace, and left the slower riders bringing up the rear. For not being a "training" ride though, I posted a great average for the time out there. 12mph was my average for the ride, which clocked in at just shy of 10 miles. Riding with faster people, and doing those intervals have really made a huge change in my riding...losing quite a bit of weight sure hasn't hurt any either.

Sooner or later and I'm gonna have some more pictures to post.

No comments: