Monday, August 01, 2005

Ride Forrest, ride!

Had a great ride today. It was one of those intense, almost painful kinds of rides...but a good kind of pain. It was just Pat and me. Pat led off, and kept a good pace for just over an hour. We didn't stop, except for Pat to clear the occasional spider off his person(that's why I let him lead...I know, I'm a jerk.). Pat is pretty damn fast, and I wasn't sure I'd be able to keep the pace, but I surprised myself. Which that's what is great about pushing yourself, you usually end up discovering you can go farther/harder than you ever thought possible. He'd get ahead of me, but I could always catch him.

When we got back to the trailhead, the final tally was; 12.3 miles in 1hr 3 minutes, with an average speed of 11.6mph.

If I can do a ride like that at least once a week, I will definitely be ready for Tallahassee.

No comments: