Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Time is growing near

There's only a few short weeks till the race. Gotta put in some overtime in the training department. I want to go into the last week really prepped and tuned, so I can taper in the final week and make sure my legs are fresh.

I'm in North Carolina right now. I'm hoping to get 2-3 rides in at Tsali. 1 of those rides will be with a couple of friends, so I won't be getting any serious training in on that ride, but that's ok. Gotta have some fun once in a while, right?
I'm on Dial-up here in NC, so don't expect any pics till I get back home to the 21st century.

I'm currently reading a very good book by Chris Carmichael, called Food for Fitness.

I never would've thought that I could've found a nutrition book interesting. Talk about changing your outlook and attitude. Once I'm down to my final weight, I'm thinking of trying my hand at some cooking(I don't consider boiling pasta and heating pre made spaghetti sauce "cooking"). Me cooking could be grounds for the end of western civilization. It could be a disaster, but doggone it, I'm gonna give it a shot!

Anywho...the book is a good read. If I never touch another product that has "hydrogenated" in the ingredient list, I'll be a happy man. I highly recommend this book though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice