Monday, November 07, 2005

Ain't this just lovely

My new derailleur hangers arrived today, so with much eagerness I went about replacing the bent hanger. Upon putting the derailleur back on, I discovered some damage to the B screw adjuster...a little metal stopper was bent. It decided it was time to break off as I put the derailleur on. So what is the problem with that? With that metal stop gone, the B screw cannot be adjusted properly, and the deralleur gets pushed up into my cassette. Grrrrrrr.

So what does that mean? It means a new derailleur. I'm having to replace a 4 month old XTR derailleur. Dammit to hell!

On the up side, I'm getting a killer deal on a new one. Performance bike, God love 'em, had the derailleur on sale for $100...then I'm using $35 worth of team points. So I'm only paying $75 for a $150 Shimano XTR derailleur. Yay me.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go pout some more.

No comments: