Tuesday, November 15, 2005

A tough workout partner

It's been a while since my last update. I'm such a slacker.

I've been getting in some good base miles lately. I've logged around 120 or so miles since my last entry.

I even woke up early to get a ride in today. Anyone that knows me, knows that is quite the feat in and of itself. I was 30 before I knew that the sun actually ROSE, I always thought it was just...there.
I had an insane headwind during the last half of the ride. A gust would hit me and I could look down and actually watch my speed drop. The wind added an easy 20 minutes to my normal time. Grrrrrr.

Other than that, it was pretty good. Kept my HR under my limit, and got a good 2+hrs of riding in. Also, I had a training partner along. Boy was this guy tough! I never could get ahead of him...


He stayed right there for half the ride.


I attacked a couple of times to see if I could lose him, but I never could. He was on me like a cheap suit.


This is as close as I got to passing him...damn he was tough!


Stats for today-
Ride time: 2hrs 10 minutes
Distance:35 miles
Avg speed: 16.2mph (damned headwind!)
5x10sec Power starts


Tomorrow will be a nice leisurely 1hr ride, then back to the long distance stuff on Thursday.







No comments: