Sunday, November 06, 2005

I'm on a roll

You're gettin' a 2 for 1 deal today...two posts for the price of one.

Got a good road ride in today. I was hoping for a 2hr ride, but I ran out of light (damn the end of daylight savings!), but that said, it was still a good ride. I did 30 miles in about 1hr 40 min or so. I also squeezed in some Fast pedal sessions. The hardest part of these rides is keeping my HR under the 89% ceiling.

Here are the stats:
Ride time- 1hr 43 minutes
Distance- 30.1miles
Avg spd- 17.5mph
Mx spd- 26.8mph
3x3min Fast Pedal @ approx 120rpm

By the end of the Foundation period I'd like to think that my avg speed on these rides will be 20+mph...which wouldn't be bad for being on a mtn bike.

Tomorrow will be a rest day from the bike, but I'll be doing my weight training. I'm in the Volume phase of my training. I lift a moderate weight, 8-12reps, 4-6 sets. I'll do this till the end of November, at which time I'll start the strength phase.

Here is my current exercise list:
Lower body-
Leg curl
Leg press
Calf raise

Upper body-
Bench press
Overhead (shoulder) press
Biceps curl
upright row

Lower back exercises-
Back extension

Abdominal-
Ab crunches
Sit ups(I hate these)

That's it for now. I'm currently planning my '06 racing season. I'll post it once I have it finalized, or close to it.

No comments: