Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Competition

The comment was just made how the Beginner class in the FSC series is much more competitive than say, the SERC series...possibly the equivalent of the SERC Sport classes. I don't know about that, but one thing is for sure...the level of competition has grown all across the board.
Last year when I raced at Tom Brown, I came in 7th out of 14 Beginner 35-39 racers. The winner last year averaged 12.05 mph, and this year the top 7 finishers all had faster avg speeds than that. I'm sure that the route of the course played into that some, but methinks that everyone is getting faster.

I don't know if the Beginner classes are this fast throughout the rest of the country, but if they are, the definition of what constitutes the beginner class will have to be updated.

No comments: