Monday, June 19, 2006

Gettin' raspberries

What is it with these nutritional companies supplying races with effing raspberry gels? I'm grateful for them ponying up for some schwag for us racers, but why raspberry? Do they pawn it off on us so they can get rid of the crap? Of the four races I've done, I've gotten those damned raspberry gels at three of them.


If you haven't noticed by now, I detest raspberry...no, make that hate, 'hate with the fury of a thousand suns' kind of hate. Sean don't do anything raspberry. Period.
About the only thing that those raspberry gels would be good for, would be to quietly squirt some on a fellow competitor in hopes the sticky sweetness would attract every bug in the region, and hound them for the entire race.

Couldn't they provide some other flavor? Any flavor would do.

On the training front, I got a couple of good hours in today. I was supposed to do some Power Intervals, but I just couldn't gather the oomph to do them. Other than that though it was a good ride day.

2 comments:

gwadzilla said...

I got some free Caramel Power Gel the other day
it was aweful

rasberry sounds great!

actually
it is about functionality
not taste
and free
the price is right

I live off the freebies

can you send the ones you do not want

I can get you back another time

Sean said...

They're individual gel packets, but you're welcome to 'em.