Monday, June 19, 2006

Looking ahead

I've had enough time to bask in my first big win, but it's time to move on. I've got more races to think about. As of this moment I am planning on doing 1 or 2 of the SERC races, the first one being SERC #8 in Ducktown, Tn. on July 16th. I understand that the trails there are awesome.
I'm just at a month before that race, so training is back in full swing after taking a few days off from regimented training. The next few weeks will be big training weeks. I will continue to work on sprinting, and producing increased power at lactate threshold.

Some of the people I ride with think I should move on up to Sport, but I am using the Beginner class in my freshman race season to help me learn race strategy, as well as developing race related bike handling skills (which is already starting to pay off).

No comments: