Tuesday, June 27, 2006

That sucked

Yesterday I did a 1hr AM ride, then followed it up with an intense 2hr ride in the afternoon. I didn't go all out during the morning ride, but I went harder than I should have. Afterwards, the legs felt good, so I decided to do my regularly scheduled 2hr training ride, complete with some Power Intervals.
I don't know if it was the length of the ride or the Power Intervals, but by the end of the ride I was not doing well. I know what Egon meant when he said "I feel like the floor of a taxicab."
I even had to bail on my Power Intervals after the 3rd one. My power started dropping off on that third interval, so I figured I'd pull the plug on doing anymore, despite needing to do a total of 5 of them.

Even now, the legs aren't what I would call...lively. My plan calls for a 1hr ride today, and I was gonna do it this morning, but that ain't happenin'. We'll see how the legs feel this afternoon. If need be I'll take a rest day today and do my 1hr tomorrow.

The drama surrounding the Spanish doping scandal keeps getting bigger and bigger. TdF officials have notified the Astana-Wurth (formerly Liberty Seguros-Wurth) team that they're no longer welcome at the Tour.
If Tour organizers get their wish, that'll leave GC contender Alexandre Vinokourov scrambling to find a team to take him on. The Court of Arbitration is gonna be hearing both sides, and they'll be the ones to ultimately decide whether Astana-Wurth starts the Tour or not.

What a tangled web we weave.

No comments: