Thursday, June 22, 2006

Scorchin'

Man it was hot today. It was one of those kinds of days that makes you wish you lived anyplace but Florida. If my HR monitor was anywhere near being correct, it showed an average temperature of 98 degrees. I think it was pretty close to being accurate, as I was having to use my spare water bottle to wet my back and head. I was even rewarded with a mild case of dehydration...thanks, thanks for nothin'.

The group mtn bike ride was great today, we had a big crew out there. There must've been 10 or 12 of us. The ride had its drama too. Pat, Dave, myself, and I think 1 or 2 others stacked it at one point or another. My encounter with terra firma was the result of too much speed for a sandy, powdery dry corner. My knee dug a nice trench in the ground, and the ground returned the favor to my knee.


I'm outta here
.

No comments: