Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Rest day...like it or not

A large percentage of the population doesn't like to make decisions. These people have lifted indecisiveness to an artform. They'll typically let out a collective sigh anytime a decision is made for them...even if it wasn't what they wanted.

Last night I went to bed unsure of whether I was gonna do my scheduled ride or not. I woke up with my legs still not at their perkiest so I decided to wait and see how they felt later in the day. As the day wore on, I waffled back and forth, "should I ride, or should I take my rest day?" Decisions, decisions.
I was putting on a new chain when I heard the familiar rumble of thunder, and then a few minutes later my decision to ride or not was made for me. The skies opened up and let loose with a downpour. By the time it stopped it was steamy out, which is just nasty if you've got to be outside for any length of time.

So remember, when a decision has to be made, it will be made
, whether it's by you or someone else.

No comments: