Thursday, June 29, 2006

Tip O' the day

When you wake up for a 7am ride, don't forget to wake up your legs as well.

The plan was for a 2hr journey but the legs were feeling really lifeless. At one point I was tempted to get a priest to give them last rites. The heart was willing, but the legs weren't having any of it. It was one of the toughest training rides I've had in a long time. I struggled to keep my HR in the 150s, as a matter of fact, I finished the ride with an average HR of 151bpm, and that is extremely low for an endurance training ride. I was gonna do some intervals, but said, "he hell with that!"

At least it was nice and still out, and I didn't have to battle any wind. Interestingly enough, I had a decent avg speed for my time out there....just about 19.3mph. That surprised me, I thought for sure I'd be in the 17mph range. That just goes to show, you give me a day with no wind and on a good day I could easily hit 22mph or so...and that's on my mtn bike. But, I don't usually get a day without wind, so it's irrelevant anyway.

Let's see how the afternoon group mtb ride goes...

No comments: