Sunday, March 18, 2007

It blows

The last two days have been unbelievably windy. On Friday there was a steady 20mph NNW wind, and Saturday graced us with a 15mph N wind. Riding in that is less than ideal. Call me a stick in the mud, but those kinds of conditions really take something away from your ride.

The only good thing about a 15-20mph headwind is the resulting 15-20mph tailwind.

I finished up my recovery week today. I was supposed to do some threshold testing, but between the damned wind and being kinda drowsy from all the friggin' pollen floating around, I just couldn't generate the kind of power needed for an FTP test.

Come Monday I should be ready for some more intensity, as that will be the start of my final Build period. Lots of vomit inducing intensity lies ahead. Lucky me.

No comments: