Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Like it or not

Changes happen whether you like it or not. Today started a new training week, and usually I like to get one of my intense days done on a Monday so I can recover on Tuesday for another hard day on Wednesday. I had every intention of riding... the weather was great, nothing was stopping me. I got home and was gonna get my gear on and it occurred to me that I was feeling a little worn out. Walking up and down the stairs confirmed that my legs were feeling like the rest of me...tired. At this point in my training, quality is more important than quantity, so I stayed home and chilled. Changes happen.

Next up, this coming weekend is the Knobscorcher in Bryson City at Tsali. This was to be my first race of the season, even if it was just a tune-up race. Due to circumstances beyond my control I won't be able to make that race. Changes happen.

The good news is, tomorrow I'll be back at my training, with only a minor adjustment to my weekly schedule, and I'm gonna shoot for a race up in Athens, Ga in mid April. I've learned one thing with all this training...you gotta be able to go with the flow and be willing to accept that stuff is gonna get in the way of your meticulously planned training/racing plan.

No comments: