Thursday, March 29, 2007

Stick a fork in me, I'm done

I've really pushed myself the last few days...probably pushed too hard, to be honest. On Tuesday I did some V02 max intervals. These are the same ones I attempted last week. This time they went much better. I completed 3 solid efforts. Still short of the prescribed 5-8, but all things considered, I wasn't upset over it. Wednesday I continued with yet another intense workout. This time I was doing a Tempo session that I turned into a Fartlek workout, that is to say that I randomly accelerated and increased my power within the Tempo range. The whole workout only lasted 1.5hrs, but because of the added Fartlek element I generated a hefty TSS and IF.
Today I was going to do some Threshold training. I should've known better than to go 3 days of intensity. I had to pull the plug on today's planned intervals, as I just couldn't generate the power necessary. Even after I'd thrown in the towel on the intervals, and just decided to ride for 2hrs, I couldn't even get my power up to the upper range of endurance pace.
The legs haven't been this worn out in a while. Tomorrow will be a recovery ride, and hopefully my legs will have some snap in them so that I can do some anaerobic work on Sat.

No comments: