Saturday, March 03, 2007

It takes all kinds

Despite missing Thursday, I'm still on track for the week. Today was the usual Sat. group ride.
We had a small group, made up mostly of the usual suspects, and one fella that must be bi-polar or somethin'. The route we took had more than the usual amount of climbing (for Florida, that is), and so the weaker riders were really fighting to hang on. They were obviously right on the edge for most of the ride. One guy, who was the oldest in the bunch (around 60 or so) was really having a rough go towards the end. To make matters worse he started cramping. It was at this point that Mr Bi-Polar decided to attack on a climb. Needless to say, Larry got spit out the back. When it was discovered that he had gotten dropped we went back for Larry, but Mr. BP kept on going.

I'm still trying to figure out why he wanted to make that guy crack. While these group rides are done at a fast pace, the pace isn't gonna be set so high as to make someone intentionally crack.

The word on BP guy is that one day he can be totally laid back and pretty calm, other days he's like totally psycho...going so far as to cause the occasional crash. Fortunately I've not had too much interaction with the guy...and I'm happy to keep it that way.

What would our world be without drama, huh?

Tomorrow I finish up my week with a 1hr recovery ride. That'll give me 9hrs for the week. Next week I'll be doing some anaerobic intervals...I can feel the bile rising in my throat already.

No comments: