Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Time

Daylight savings has begun, and that can mean only one thing... the Tuesday World's have started back up.
Today was the first Tuesday ride of '07. I went into it with my legs feeling a little stale (I think it is leftover from Saturday's hammerfest), but I was mistakenly assuming that the first ride of the year would not be at full gas so I wasn't too concerned about my rather lifeless legs.
Here's something I learned. The Tuesday World's are ALWAYS full gas. Whether it's the first one of the year, or the last one...it doesn't matter.

I'd put the attendance at around 20-25 riders. As the pace quickened more and more riders were shot off the back. By the time the ride was done, there were only 8 or 9 riders.

Time- 1:18
Distance- 32 miles
Avg speed- 24.6 mph

And to think this was supposed to be a recovery week. I must be a retard for doing a high intensity ride like this on a recovery week. Right this minute I'm promising my legs I'm gonna take it easy for the rest of the week... no road TT on Thursday, or group ride on Sat.

No comments: