Saturday, April 28, 2007

Do less to do more

As far as getting my remaining intervals in, this has been a mixed week. With only 5.5hrs to log, recovery was a big goal for me this week. On that front it's been successful. I did an easy ride Monday, and with Tuesday off, I went into Wednesday ready for some good results doing some intervals. For whatever reasons that didn't happen. The legs felt good as I got on the bike, but as soon as I started that first interval I knew it was gonna be hard. I ended up pulling the plug on that day's session. Due to some bad weather I took Thursday off, and that brings me to today. I really wanted to get some high intensity work in this week, and thought I'd try some anaerobic capacity work.

To make a long story short, the intervals went extremely well. Instead of trying to shoot for the exact wattage number that the workout called for, I focused on staying within 10% of that number. That made all the difference in the world. They hurt like a mother, but at least I completed all the sets. I saw first hand how important recovery is. Even after completing those intervals I felt really good. It turned out to be one of those great days on the bike...if you have that kind of day at a race, good things are in store for you.

Next week is race week, and with 5hrs I'll be concentrating on heading into the race super rested and on form for a good showing.

No comments: