Friday, April 13, 2007

Gimme more

This week has been all about recovery and it has paid off. Today I did an FTP test, and despite not getting a higher number than I did, I was extremely pleased with the effort. I came into the test fully rested, and had my mind set on throwin' the hammer down, come hell or high water. Even a steady wind didn't mess me up.


Like I said, I would've liked the number to be a bit higher, but it was an increase, so I'm not gonna give it a second thought. The last few times I've tried to do an FTP test, something got in the way; I wasn't fully rested, weather conditions, and/or perhaps a loss of fitness.
I ended my ride after 1hr due to putting in a hard effort, but I was so jazzed about my ride that it was tempting to hop back on the bike and go ride for a bit longer. You gotta love those kinds of days. Those kinds of days are what make bike riding so special.

No comments: