Saturday, April 07, 2007

I have my limits

Friday I got in a good threshold workout- 2x20 min efforts at 343 watts. The wind made it more challenging than the interval/s already are, but I hung in there. By the time evening rolled around though, I was toast. Nothing like a good night's rest to make you feel better.

Even though I woke up this morning feeling pretty good, I had already made the decision to bail on the Saturday club ride. With the late season cold snap there was no way in hell I was gonna try and deal with heading out for a 60 or so mile slog. As I write this, it's 46 degrees, with a 13mph N wind. My body has already acclimated to warmer conditions, and I just can't deal with riding in temps lower than 60.

That said, I guess I should consider myself fortunate that it is only 46 out, and not the weather conditions that they are getting at the US Open up in Virginia.

No comments: