Wednesday, June 06, 2007

After it's all said and done

Today I got out on the bike for the first time since the race. My knee is still a little achy, but it felt decent while riding. Tomorrow I hope to start back with my intervals.
While I'm pleased overall with my race, I have had a chance to analyze it some. I was only 1 minute off the podium, and 2 minutes off of 2nd place, and I have no doubt that I could've been 2 minutes faster. A mistake I made, and I know that this alone would've made a huge difference in my time, was that on some of the tight and twisty stuff I sat in a couple times instead of passing as soon as I could. I was using it as an opportunity to get a breather, but I should've just sucked it up and slipped past the slower riders ASAP. I have to remember that while stepping up the pace hurts, everyone is hurting, so I need to just go for it.

Here's a video of the race...

No comments: