Saturday, June 23, 2007

Smoked like a cheap cigar

I am totally wiped out.

Thursday I got a late start, so I had to adjust my plans somewhat. I was planning on doing some intervals, but the 3rd Thursday of the month is the club road TT. Trying to do intervals on the same road as the TT seemed like a recipe for some frustration on my part. I figured I'd go out and do the TT and then do my intervals afterwards....damn, was that overly optimistic.
I put in a solid effort and ended up with the second fastest time of the day (the guy with the fastest time was using a full on TT bike, complete with aero bars and rear disc wheel). I completed the 10 mile course in 24:53, and in the process saw a new high mark for my threshold power, so all in all not a bad afternoon. No surprise that my legs didn't have any more high intensity efforts left in them.

Friday my legs were still toast, but I went out anyway. What possessed me to go for 2hrs, with almost an hour and a half of that ridden at Tempo level, I'll never know. The legs didn't have much snap, but I was powering along nicely.

Today I managed an hour and a half, but at a much lower pace. The last couple of days had fully caught up to me.

Time for some much earned rest. I say that, but watch...I'll probably hop on the trainer tomorrow afternoon or somethin'.

No comments: