Friday, June 15, 2007

Hurt locker. Population 1

This has been a strange week for training. I can't place my finger on it, but it's like I couldn't get in the groove of things. Yesterday I did my first interval session of the week. I guess it was the fact that I didn't get my first intervals done until Thursday that made things kinda screwy.

Speaking of yesterday...that was one of the hardest days I've had on the bike. Things started off ok. I did my usual warm-up, and then proceeded to do some anaerobic capacity intervals, which went fairly well. After my intervals were done, the plan was to hook up with this guy visiting from Pennsylvania, and get some good mileage in. This guy is pretty fast, but I wasn't too worried about maintaining the pace. My, how things can change. One of the local hammers latched onto us, and what I thought was gonna be a brisk ride turned into the Thursday Worlds.

I did the best I could, but the legs were fast running out of gas. I'd drift off the back, and catch back on....off the back, catch back on, till finally at about 3-4 miles out from the parking area I got well and truly dropped. I had nothing left in the legs.
When I got home I was toast. I've never come home feeling that whipped before...ever.

Fortunately I feel better today. Good enough to do some riding, albeit easy.

Now, if I can just get in one more interval session before the end of the week (and without going on a hammer ride afterwards).

No comments: