Thursday, June 21, 2007

Did it happen?

So did I get my intervals in today? Nope. Dammit to hell. It wasn't for a lack of trying though. Had some fairly strong wind today, and it played havoc with my ride. It's kinda hard to explain... before starting the intervals, my workout called for doing 5 min @ 100% my FTP. Now, typically by the end of that 5 minutes my body can't wait for it to be over. Today though, I was cruising along in excess of my FTP and was pretty comfortable doing it. I kept having to look down to make sure I hadn't let my power drop. My HR averaged 157 bpm and only hit a peak of 163. I was pushing a bit lower cadence, but not that much lower. Maybe the combination of the headwind and the lower cadence did it?

In lieu of the intervals several of us hooked up for a group ride, which was a make-up for the normal Tuesday Worlds, since it got rained out. If I had done my intervals I probably would've gotten shelled before it was over with, but as it is I rode really strong. Now if I can just get some good intervals in...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

outthereanddoingit.blogspot.com

See how me do it here in New Zealand