Wednesday, January 24, 2007

In Winter's icy grip

Winter has us in it's icy grip...a grip on our balls to be exact, and he ain't lettin' go.

It seems like months ago when I last did a ride wearing shorts and a short sleeve jersey, but in fact it's only been a week or so.
For the last few days we've had some colder temperatures(cold for Florida). Today the high topped out at 48 degrees. I needed to get some hours in, but I sure as 'H' was not looking forward to riding in these temps. To be honest, I don't know how you folks from colder climates do it. It took me so long to get dressed I almost said "the hell with it".

Besides the normal gear (helmet, shorts, jersey etc):
Leg warmers
arm warmers
wool socks
shoe covers
skull cap
insulated gloves
fleece pullover/jersey

I don't have to go thru that much trouble to get dressed to go to work. God help me if it ever really gets cold. I was wearing every stick of cold weather riding gear I own, and my feet and hands still suffered.

I was shooting for an hour and a half but I cut it short by 30 minutes...something about losing feeling in your extremities makes you want to cry uncle and go home.

No comments: