Tuesday, January 30, 2007

3,000 miles to Graceland

I have logged 3,000 miles since getting the road bike, back in August. I rolled the odometer over to the big 3K with today's 22 mile ride.
For anyone in the market for a roadie, I can highly recommend the Giant TCR C3. I've had no problems with it in the 5 months that I've had it, other than a couple of saddle changes, and a switch to new tires it has not needed anything. It handles really well, it is stiff enough that you can really get the power down on the road. I've offered up my impressions on the TCR C3 on a couple of occasions. Two things have not changed; The Xero XSR-3 wheels are lacking-they're heavy and they don't roll very well. Still, to their credit they are stiff- in 5 months I've not had to have them trued. The brakes are the other weak link. On long descents they are less than confidence inspiring. Of course, if you don't live anywhere near the mountains then these brakes should give you no problems whatsoever.

Finally, for anyone really interested in taking their training to the next level, I cannot overstate how impressed I've been with my Powertap. It's some of the best money I've ever spent.

No comments: