Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Where'd my sprint go?

Yesterday I did some sprint intervals- 3 small chainring sprints w/no gear changes, 3 big chainring efforts w/1 gear change, and 3 big chainring efforts w/2 gear changes. It's supposed to hone your ability to sprint without having to dump the chain to a higher gear first. This was the first high intensity effort I've put in for my 2007 training, and I felt it, or I should say, my legs felt it.
Anyway, after yesterday's more intense effort I kept today's ride low key. If it wasn't for the coming rainstorm I probably woulda taken today off.

January was a good month, I got in just over 39hrs of training, for a total of 775 miles. By the end of my Base training I should have plenty of miles in the legs to support the more intense training to come, and of course my early-mid season races.

No comments: