Monday, May 16, 2005

Some rather ill timed showers

I should be sitting here typing about the new experiences of my first ride on the new bike. I should be waxing poetic about how cool full suspension is, and how I didn't know what I was missing all these years. I should be recounting all the comments I got about the bike, and how great it is to have people lusting after my bike, instead of the other way 'round.

But no, I don't get to talk about any of that. Why? More friggin' rain, that's why!
The bad news is that Monday ain't lookin' any better. It appears to be a carbon copy of today.

Well, at least it gave me a chance to get my cycle computer mounted, and get my chain properly cleaned up. I don't know what Shimano puts on their chains when they leave the factory, but it has to be in the glue family, I swear. All it is, is a debris magnet. The test rides yesterday left the chain coated in sand. If I'd gone out on the trail with that crap on the chain, it'd take forever to get it clean.
Getting those little things done meant that the day wasn't a total washout(pun intended).

That's basically taking a frown and turning it upside down.
Do I know how to end on a high note, or what?


No comments: