Saturday, May 14, 2005

This bike would be light if it weren't for those damn tires.

My bike was weighed at the shop today, and it came in at 27lbs. Not bad for a XL frame. What I don't understand is why it came with 2.35 tires. Those are monsters! The spec sheet indicated that the tires were 2.1's. I'm wondering if larger tires weren't included due to the fact that it is a larger frame? I'm at a loss, I really am. Ohh well, I don't know why I'm bitching about it...I'll use them, and once they're worn down I'll switch to 2.1's or possibly even 1.95's.
I've got a Stan's No Tubes kit, but I'm not gonna use it on these tires, not if I'm gonna be changing them out in the coming months.
The cool thing is, that if I go to 1.95's and the Stan's, I'll probably get the total bike weight down to around 25 lbs. There's a 200 gram difference between the 2.35 and the 1.95. For two tires that's almost a pound.

No comments: