Friday, March 31, 2006

Gettin' my act together.

I'm slowly getting back into my routine. It's weird, it feels like it's been weeks since I was last on a bike. Doesn't take much of an interruption in your training to really throw you off. Tomorrow I've got a meeting, so it's going to take some creative thinking to get saddle time in...or at least the amount I WANT to get.

My first race is just over a week away, and despite the fact that my training plan has been a mess lately, I'm feeling really strong.
I think it's time for me to include one of the fixtures of cycling blogs everywhere...

The self (while riding along) portrait:


Hey, if it's good enough for Kerkove and "The Goat" then why shouldn't I do it too?

With my first race so close, I'm trying to decide if I'm gonna run a bottle or my Camelbak. I'm leaning towards the bottle, as there are numerous places where you can drink and not run into a tree or knock a tooth out because of bumps, roots, small forest creatures, etc. I like the idea of using a bottle as it's less weight (especially since that additional weight would be on my back). The topic has even come upon mtbr. Decisions, decisions.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My cousin recommended this blog and she was totally right keep up the fantastic work!
.

Tires Florida