Saturday, March 04, 2006

No more base

As of today, my base training is done.W00t!

Over the course of the last 3 months I've logged some heavy duty miles, and made some big gains in my aerobic fitness. When I first started, I could keep my HR in the mid 140s fairly easy, but to go much higher took some work. Fast forward to today and I can get my HR into the 160s without much thought. As a matter of fact, I did my TT test today, and then continued on with the remainder of my ride. After the test I noticed that while I was pedaling a good steady cadence and my RPE was around a 5 or 6, my HR was hovering around 165bpm. Riding on the road has done some great things for me, and I'm anxious (I might not be this enthusiastic after the more intense efforts to come next week) to get to the high intensity work of the coming weeks. It's just over a month till my first race of the season, and about 2 1/2 months till my first high priority race.

No comments: