Thursday, March 02, 2006

Trail obstacles

How's that for a trail obstacle? That's an Eastern Diamondback Rattlesnake- about 4 1/2 ft of rattlesnake at that. Came across this badboy today. It was initially stretched out across the trail, but as soon as we rode up, he struck a pose, and started a rattlin'. Get bitten by that will put you in the hurt locker, for sure.
Other than the wildlife sighting, it was a good ride. I'm feeling really good out on the trails these days, very strong.
I'm working on my bike handling skills, things like bunnyhops, etc. My bunnyhopping has improved dramatically. I'm progressing to bigger and bigger obstacles. I still have room for improvement, but I'm actually pretty decent at bunnyhopping now, where I used to suck at it...to the point where I didn't even try for fear of catching my back tire on the obstacle and stacking it up as a result.

No comments: