Wednesday, May 24, 2006

2 1/2 weeks to go

The countdown to my first 'A' race of the season has begun. Only 2 and a half weeks away. Despite some lackluster (read- assy) training days as of late, I feel like I'm on the right track with my fitness. One thing I'm gonna do is, on the week of the race, I'm going to try chocolate milk as a recovery drink. Down a glass after my workouts...I want to make sure that my legs are fully recovered, and ready for the intensity I'm gonna be throwing at them during the race.

Today I was hoping to get some type of high intensity training in (sprints, threshold intervals, etc), but my legs had other plans. I think I was just tired. I stayed up late last night finishing up a work related project, then I had to get up early this morning. I've been going in slow motion all day.

Hopefully tomorrow won't be as putrid as today was.

No comments: