Saturday, May 20, 2006

Checking in

I took a day off the bike yesterday, as I just wasn't feeling frisky enough for a training ride. I've learned to listen to my body on these occasions. If I ignore the message and ride anyway I end up riding like, "a small child,"...to coin an Adam Craig phrase.

On the road racing front, stage 13 of the Giro just wrapped up. Ivan Basso has the race in the bag. Barring a serious crash or illness there's no way he'll be beat. He has 3:27 on second place, and he's over 5 minutes ahead of the rest of the field. In racing that is a HUGE margin. Seeing his performance here, I am definitely giving Basso the nod for the Tour de France win.

Back to the homefront...
My bar tape grips worked well on their maiden voyage the other afternoon. I'm inclined to say that I might have made them a little too thin. I had good control of the bike, and decent cushioning, so I'll hold off further judgement until I've logged some more miles on them.
I'll be back to the training this afternoon. Trying to decide what will be on the menu; Tempo, hill accelerations, sprints, V02 max thresholds. Decisions, decisions.

No comments: