Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Not happenin'

It's a new day, and a new week of training. Went out with the intention of doing sone descending intervals 75/60/45/30 sec, meant to help develop your ability to produce power at lactate and anaerobic levels. The workout called for making an explosive out-of-the-saddle jump, and then settle into a 110-120rpm cadence, the whole time trying to increase speed during the interval. I think I was out of the saddle for too long, at around 45 seconds into the first interval my legs called it quits. I'll try these another day, and go for fewer revolutions while I'm out of the saddle...see if I fare any better.

If that wasn't enough, on the way back the wind kicked my ass
. I guess it's a good way to simulate hill climbs. Not that it helps me deal with the wind any better. Let's face it, there's no way to paint a rosey picture out of a damned headwind. It's evil, EVIL I tells ya!

No comments: